The New England weather has been bitterly cold this year and it looks like we’re getting more snow again tomorrow – not fun. I hate how dark it gets when I leave work. I’m ready for summertime and those long days of sunshine! I saw these cans of pineapple juice at Trader Joe’s when looking for pomegranate juice for my DIY grenadine. I immediately shoved them into my cart as pineapple reminds me of warmer days.
While we may not have warmer days anytime soon, at least I can console myself with this pineapple slush and my incessantly bright daylight bulbs. (In case you were wondering, I bought this cute little spoon in Barcelona)
- 1 can Trader Joes 100% pineapple juice
- 1 small knob ginger
- 1 handful of ice
- Peel knob of ginger by scraping off the skin with a spoon
- Use a microplane zester to grate the ginger into the blender (or just throw it into your blender if you trust it to blend finely)
- Put ice and juice into the blender and blend till slushy consistency
- Turn your daylight bulbs on for some fake sun and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you may also like my Green Smoothie