Simple Sunday – My grandma used to make me these simple noodles whenever it was just the two of us on weekends and I often find myself craving them now. I bought a large pack of dried noodles at my local Asian mart to ensure I’ll always have supplies on hand.
You can add more or less of the condiments to your taste but definitely add some veggies for good health – as Grandma would say. ;) My favorite Asian veggies are pea pod stems. They are usually stir fried with garlic at Chinese restaurants and my family always orders them when eating out. They come in a giant bag at the market, but they’ll shrink down considerably once cooked (like spinach).
Does my plate of condiments looks like an ink blot test? hah..
Hope you enjoy this Simple Sunday feature!
- 1 serving flat Asian dried noodles (they sometimes come in pre-batched single servings or see note below)
- 1 Tbs Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbs Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tbs Sesame Oil
- 2 handfuls of Pea pod stems/leaves
- Prepare a dish with all the condiments in the bowl
- Cook pea pod stems/leaves by parboiling in water or stir frying in a pan
- Boil noodles until translucent
- Place cooked noodles into your bowl of condiments while noodles are still hot
- Mix together with pea pod stems until thoroughly combined