I love potatoes. They’re part of my go-to weekend breakfast. Cubed, hashed, mashed, all good. A lazy weekend calls for simplicity though and you’ll find this to be quick and easy.
Breakfast Basics – Skillet Potatoes & Eggs
- 1 potato
- 1 egg
- Chopped garlic
- Parsley or other seasonings of your choice (cayenne pepper, chili powder, oregano, etc)
- Cut potato into small cubes
- Coat with salt, parsley or other seasonings of your choice – go crazy!
- Heat up the skillet to medium high heat and add canola or olive oil
- Add some chopped garlic and the potatoes
- Cover with a lid and lower the heat
- Once potatoes soften and begin to crisp you can start flipping them (much easier in a CAST IRON pan I must say…)
- Crack 1 egg in and salt/pepper the egg. Cover again to let the egg cook a bit and turn off the heat
- Uncover and you’ve got a very simple skillet breakfast for one =)
This is a very simple skillet breakfast you can build upon; add sliced onions, peppers, sausage, etc. to make it even heartier. If you want to make more servings, just add 1 potato and 1 egg for each person.